Monday, January 2, 2012

The Smirking Santa

This winter we worked on the North Oaks Holiday Design Idea House, a fundraiser for the children's hospital. The space that Design Vertigo occupied had a huge wall that needed to be filled. I wanted art to be bold to make an impact and festive without being predictable. So, I called my good friend Kyle from Senthor Creative to help me out.   

 Senthor offers many creative service, but one that I have been utilizing a lot of is their 'Big Prints'. They do a great job taking any image, no matter how small or poor resolution and blowing it up BIG. 
The image itself is inspired by Andy Warhol
Myths: Santa Claus, 1981-85 
The Myths Portfolio is one of Andy Warhol's most sought after collections. Warhol's Myths collection contains ten screen prints of iconic mythical figures, including Santa Claus, Mickey Mouse and Superman.

No comments:

Post a Comment